Back to Jobs
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Job Title: Director Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Start date: December 1, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Administrator supports the Director of Human Resources in the development, operations, and administration of day-to-day functions within the Human Resources Department.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Run semi-monthly pay cycle for hourly, salary, and pastoral staff.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll general ledger import files
- Reconcile general ledger with regard to payroll transactions between accounting and payroll systems (dollars departments, locations, events)
- Reconcile Form 941 to General Ledger
- Oversee benefit deductions, PTO tracking, and housing allowance.
- Compliance with federal and state wage laws, including clergy and non-profit payroll regulations
- Oversee administration of FMLA, Continuation of Coverage, FLSA in relation to payroll.
- Nondiscrimination Testing for HRC Cafeteria Plan.
- Ensure compliance with classifying employees correctly in terms of Exempt, Non-exempt, Ministerial-exemption, and Contractors.
- Maintain HR system (Namely) with accurate employee and payroll information, including TimeClock employee records and job codes.
- Monitor reports of staff hour overages and communicate with oversights
- Assist finance director with payroll related fluctuation analysis.
- Provide TimeClock training and support for staff
- Complete the annual Worker’s Compensation audit for finance director review.
2. Human Resources
- Oversee all on-boarding, off-boarding and internal transitions.
- Employee Benefits Administrator.
- Development of an annual competitive benefits package.
- Facilitate annual Open Enrollment staff meeting.
- Develop church employment policy and procedures to include Employee Handbook.
- Coordinate annual employee Performance Reviews.
- Quarterly and Annual compliance audits (OSHA, FLSA, ACA, etc.)
- Provide Oversight to the Receptionist and to Administrator, Human Resource.
- Advise management on legal issues facing HighRidge Church.
- Follow up on background checks needing additional review.
- Oversee the completeness of employee personnel files, both soft and hard copies.
- Provide employee education/ training regarding human resources and payroll issues.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws.
- Daily communication with Oversights and Executive Team to ensure goal unity.
- Resolve employee relations issues.
- Administration of church employee immigration paperwork.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Develop and maintain all job descriptions.
- Maintain HR workspaces in SharePoint, HighRidgestaffing.com, HRIS, etc.
- Lead the process for Lunch & Learns throughout the year.
- Oversees the New Hire Mentoring program.
- Oversee compliance with 90 Day Reviews for new employees.
- Processes job postings.
- Coordinate with Oversight and Department heads to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Train Oversights on the interviewing process and documentation.
- Act as liaison between Oversight and candidate(s).
- Keep Oversights up to date on employment laws surrounding the interview process.
- Arrange interviews by coordinating schedules; arranges travel, lodging, and meals, as needed.
- Coordinates appropriate employment testing and assessments.
- Evaluate applicants with the Oversights.
- Conducts employment verifications and reference checks.
- Extend written contingent job offer.
- Send out “Thank you” emails to candidates that did not receive a job offer.
- Above all, you must understand, believe in and support the vision and mission of HighRidge Church and desire to serve the Lord
- Energetic, confident, organized, and motivated
- Pass a comprehensive background check.
- Read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Possess solid biblical convictions aligned with HighRidge leadership.
- Proven track record as an effective leader.
- Willingness to grow and adapt to changes in a growing local church.
- Proficient knowledge of technology including various church management systems, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Office 365, and Outlook email.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and “good” character
- Ability to handle changes, delays, and unexpected events.
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, in person, and one-on-one.
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Proven organizational, planning and development skills.
- Work independently, self-monitor, detail oriented.
- Strong decision-making ability, exercises sound judgment.
- Public speaking and teaching skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR).
- SHRM certified in Human Resources (SHRM-CP).
- 2-4 years human resources/payroll experience within a church.
- 2 -4 years human resources/payroll experience in the public or private sector.
- A combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- This position requires sitting, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting 10-20 pounds or more as needed to fulfill job duties and requirements.
- An employee’s duties and responsibilities may change.
- No salary information is available at this time.
Contact: Melissa Rasberry at [email protected]