Full Fast: Drink only water.
Liquid Fast: Drink only fruit juice, broth, or clear liquids.
The Daniel Fast: Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables. See Daniel 10:2-3 for scriptural reference and details.
- Fast from 6:00am to 3:00pm, or from sunup to sundown.
- Giving up one food item, such as caffeine or sweets.
- Giving up one meal & replacing that time with prayer. Vigilance is needed to ensure that the value of omitting the one meal is not offset by increasing the intake others!
- Fast for a specific number of days – one day, three days, you decide.
- Fast from all forms of secular media, limiting yourself solely to the Word of God and Christian books as reading material and viewing and listening only to Christian programming on television, radio and podcasts.
Please note: If you have a health condition or concern which prohibits you from a full, liquid, or Daniel fast, there are other options such as choosing something from your daily routine (i.e., specific foods, television, other technology etc.) and fast in that manner. Replace that time with prayer, reflection, and the study of God’s Word.